You know I love tools that make our businesses simpler and easier to run, and this one is a cracker!
I’ve created a guided tour of Castmagic (watch the video below) – a tool for podcasters, video content creators, coaches, marketeers and more, helping you create transcriptions, show notes and repurpose content through a bit of AI magic.
If you work with audio and video files, or currently pay for any transcription / repurposing software, don’t miss this one.
In the video, I walk you through the key features of Castmagic:
- Transcription & SRT closed caption files to make your content more accessible
- For me, this replaces Otter.ai transcription, which I used to use
Then it generates a lot of useful suggested copy and resources through AI:
- Suggested titles & keywords to use in your copy
- Introductions (especially for podcasts, youtube videos, and blog posts)
- Key topics and bullet points covered in the content (with timestamps)
- Q&A ideas (I like these for social post ideas and promotional materials)
- Clip finder, pulling out key quotes (again, can be used on social / in promo materials)
- Reel script ideas
- LinkedIn post ideas
- Newsletter ideas
- Tweet Thread ideas
- The ‘magic chat’ feature, to ask any question (like ChatGPT)
I show you exactly how it worked when I uploaded my free webinar, ‘Create more Breathing Space in your Business‘, and how you might use it to inspire other content ideas, for 1:1 coaching, and to delegate to your team.
Who is Castmagic for?
If you’re creating video or audio content – whether that’s publicly available for marketing purposes, or private 1:1 coaching / ecourse content, this is for you.
For me, there’s three key parts;
- The transcription and closed caption SRT files (making your content accessible)
- The ‘intro’, ‘show notes’ and timestamp functionality, which will save a lot of time for those doing podcasts / youtube videos (or their team)
- Using this to repurpose content, and as inspiration for new ideas
As you might be paying $30 / month for Otter.ai transcription, just for the first part, this is a no-brainer.
More ideas for Castmagic:
Since I recorded this video I have been playing with Castmagic more and have some more ideas of how you might be use it:
⭐ It uploads video not just audio
It’s being positioned as a ‘podcast’ app, but it’s so much more. If you do video content it works for you too (you can upload it straight into the app).
⭐ Do you process by talking out loud?
I’m a bit like this, I like to talk through things to process them fully (my lucky husband! 😂) – I can see Castmagic working here too. Record your audio notes, let it do its magic, then give you a summarised version of what you’ve said.
⭐ One-to-one Coaching
You could use this two ways – to provide a transcription / closed captions for your client (personal to them only). And, use the Castmagic prompts for subject ideas to inspire new content for your wider audience.
Castmagic has a ‘shareable link’ function, so you don’t have to give other people access to your full account, they can just grab the relevant info from your ‘shared’ link.
⭐ It sees things you might not
A few folk have commented on this – that Castmagic highlights specific things you’ve said as being interesting, where you might not have picked it out as a key topic yet. This inspires new ideas to go into more depth on, and lets you see your content from a different perspective.
Castmagic is available from $23 a month (paid annually).
So what do you think? Can you see this working for you?
I can already see how this will help me better manage my workflow for marketing – and inspire more useful content. I hope it helps you too!
P.S. Want more content like this in your inbox? Join my free Simplified Strategy email community for more content like this. You can sign up below.
This post includes an affiliate link, but I only recommend resources I truly think are useful, and you won’t pay more for purchasing through me.